Login to Complete an Entry or to Access Judging Panel
Four Weeks to a Successful Award Entry
The goal of this education series is to take you step-by-step through preparing an entry for our annual awards programs.
- Review the Categories.
- Review your work from the previous year. For the 2016 SPRF Lantern Awards, entries must have appeared (published, printed, presented, etc.) between May 1, 2015, and April 30, 2016.
- Decide what you would like to enter. Select works you feel showcase your skills, successful campaigns and ability to understand the four-step process.
- Gather all collateral materials.
- Include all samples/supporting materials that are referred to in your entry.
- It is recommended to save all collateral material images as one PDF attachment.
- A maximum of three attachments and two URLs are allowed.
- Review the four-step process. For more information, consider these resources:
Week 2 |
- Write the research section for your entry. (500 word limit)
- Summarize the situation and define the problem or potential problem. Provide information gathered through formal and informal reseach methods.
- Write the planning section for your entry. (250 word limit)
- Develop a strategy, identify goals, objectives, tactics and key publics. How were the objectives, specific, measurable and audience specific?
- Write the implementation section for your entry. (500 word limit)
- Discuss how tactics were used in the execution and implementation. Include timeline and budget information. Show how the project was creative.
- Write the evaluation section for your entry. (250 word limit)
- Identify reseach methods used to evaluate the success of the campaign/project/tactic during and after. Determine ways to measure whether the project achieved its objectives. If the project had limitations, how were they overcome? Did the project stay within the timeline and budget?
- Review your entire entry. Proof for accuracy.
- Pay for your entry.
- Submit your entry through the online awards system.
If you have further questions, please contact Ginger Guttner, APR, at 225-578-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.